The Tamworth Region has 6 libraries which form part of a larger network of 15 libraries known as Central Northern Regional Library.
Each library offers a range of books, magazines, audio books, CDs and DVDs for loan, research facilities, computer and internet access as well as a comprehensive online catalogue, reservation and request system.
Tamworth City Library is the largest in the network, welcoming over 500 visitors each day. The modern, purpose-built facility is arranged in a series of subject rooms and offers Wifi connectivity, more than 20 public access computers, printing facilities, author talks, children’s activities and more.
Tamworth Regional Council Branch Libraries include:
- Tamworth, 466 Peel Street, Tamworth
- Barraba, 108 Queen Street, Barraba
- Kootingal, Denman Avenue, Kootingal
- Manilla, 210 Manilla Street, Manilla
- Nundle, Innes Street, Nundle
- South Tamworth, 66 Robert Street, South Tamworth
Visit the Central Northern Regional Library website for further information or phone Tamworth City Library 02 6767 5222.