Tamworth Regional Youth Centre is a purpose-built facility that provides young people in our community access to a range of facilities, programs, including a drop-in service run by The Youthie that is aimed at 12 to 18-year olds.
The Tamworth Regional Youth Centre is also home to The Regional Youth Interagency Group an information sharing and networking meeting for agencies and service providers within the region.
Term 1 After School Program
Join us at the Youthie after school for loads of fun activities after school!
DAY AND TIME
MORE INFORMATION & WHAT TO BRING
|Every Monday, 5pm - 6:30pm
||Strong Movement Fitness Program
||A combination of strength and cardio fitness classes will be run to keep you on your toes. Bring a bottle of water and wear active wear.
|Every Wednesday, 4pm - 6pm
||A deadly afternoon of sport, art, fitness, cultural activities, connection and mentoring. Bring a bottle of water.
Youth Week 2023
Youth Week 2023 is an opportunity for young people to express their ideas and views, act on issues that affect their lives, and create and enjoy activities and events.
Youth Week in NSW is funded by NSW Department of Communities and Justice, and provides Local Council the opportunity for young people (12-24 years) to express their ideas and views, create and participate in a variety of activities and events.
This year's theme for Youth Week is 'Connect. Participate. Celebrate". Tamworth Regional Council is working in collaboration with Tamworth Regional Youth Council and Centre Care to deliver a range of safe and inclusive activities, programs and events to bring young people from the Tamworth region together.
For more information on Youth Week, please refer to Youth Week NSW website.
Youth Week 2023 Activities:
SIGN UP TO ALL ACTIVITES HERE.
Strong Movement Program
Monday, 17 April 2022 | 5 - 6:30pm | Tamworth Regional Youth Centre
An opportunity to join and participate in a fitness class focusing on fitness and health from cardio, agility to strength and overall wellbeing.
Resilience Day - Centre Care
Enjoy a day filled with activities to help boost confidence and self-esteem while participating in sporting activities based around resilience.
Bumbira Art & Culture
Wednesday, 19 April | 12 - 3pm | Tamworth Regional Youth Centre
Enjoy an arts and crafts workshop at the Youthie.
Thursday, 20 April | 2 - 6pm | Viaduct Park
Join your mates on our rainbow run obstacle course, meet stall holders, free barbecue, participate in our hoop-athon competition to win prizes, watch skateboard demonstrations, an opportunity to be a part of youth radio, and finish off with movie night under the stars.
University of Newcastle - Nutrition Workshop
Friday, 21 April | 1 - 3pm | Tamworth Regional Youth Centre
Learn how to cook healthy food with university students and navigating your way around the kitchen.
Cooking Experience - Nutrition Workshop
Saturday, 22 April | 12 - 2pm | Tamworth Regional Youth Centre
An opportunity to have experiences with food, cooking and eating. Practice cooking including following recipes and developing skills and opportunities to try new foods, work as a team and socialise.
Be a "voice" for youth in our community by joining the Tamworth Regional Youth Council. The Youth Council aims to provide recommendations and guidance around issue affecting young people.
If you would like to submit an Agenda item for the next Regional Youth Council meeting, please complete this form.
The Youthie is a drop-in service for young people aged 12 to 18. The service accessed through the Tamworth Regional Youth Centre and managed by Tamworth Regional Council.
The Youthie offers a variety of healthy, social, recreational, arts and cultural activities.
The Youthie drop-in service aims to:
- Provide a safe, alcohol and drug free, place for young people to socialise with their friends and participate in a range recreational activities
- Provide a range of recreational activities of interest to young people
- Provide information about, and referral to, agencies that provide services to young people
- Seek and administer grant funding for extended programs and activities for young people
- Provide a means for Council to maintain contact and consult with young people on issues of importance to them through youth forums, surveys and other means
- Provide an attractive and accessible space where young people want to go and where they can grow and develop in safety
- Provide opportunities for a broad range of structured and unstructured programs and activities
- Provide opportunities for young people to take an active role in planning and operations of the facility and service
- Provide young people with access to information and services that empower them with choice
- Have the support of the community and be a place where parents feel it is safe for their children to be
- Be based on collaboration and coordination through effective and efficient management that enables quality services and opportunities for young people in Tamworth
- Assist in the reduction and prevention of crime by diverting young people away from anti-social behaviour and offering opportunities
Book the Youth Centre
The Tamworth Regional Youth Centre has a number of spaces available to hire including Auditorium (subject to availability and drop-in service operational requirements), Education Rooms and Office Spaces. Hire available for meetings, training and activities.
Click here to book
Student Placement and Work Experience Opportunities
Throughout the year, The Youthie supports both student placement for tertiary students as well as work experience opportunities for high school students.
We offer a diverse and modern learning environment for students in a state-of-the-art facility.
If you, or a student, are interested in student placement or work experience please contact The Youthie on (02) 6767 5747 or submit a Work Experience form.
Hannaford’s Bus Service has a stop in Cossa Street adjacent to The Youthie. Download a map for the exact location. (PDF 392.2KB)
The Youthie's operating hours are 12pm to 7pm Tuesday to Saturday.
Phone: (02) 6767 5747
Address: 1A Quinn Street, Tamworth NSW 2340