Tamworth Regional Youth Centre (TRYC) is a purpose-built facility that provides young people in our community access to a range of facilities, programs, including a drop-in service run by The Youthie that is aimed at 12 to 18-year olds.
The Tamworth Regional Youth Centre is also home to The Regional Youth Interagency Group an information sharing and networking meeting for agencies and service providers within the region.
The Tamworth Regional Youth Centre is a NSW Government registered COVID Safe business. To find out what we are doing to keep you safe on your visit, click here or our COVID-19 Safety Plan here (PDF 374.1KB).
Be a "voice" for youth in our community by joining the Tamworth Regional Youth Council. The Youth Council aims to provide recommendations and guidance around issue affecting young people.
If you would like to submit an Agenda item for the next Regional Youth Council meeting, please complete this form.
Youth Week 2021
Youth Week 2021 is 16-24 April and the theme is 'Together more than ever'. For more information on Youth Week activities for the Tamworth region, click here.
The Youthie is a drop-in service for young people aged 12 to 18. The service accessed through the Tamworth Regional Youth Centre and managed by Tamworth Regional Council.
The Youthie offers a variety of healthy, social, recreational, arts and cultural activities.
The Youthie drop-in service aims to:
- Provide a safe, alcohol and drug free, place for young people to socialise with their friends and participate in a range recreational activities
- Provide a range of recreational activities of interest to young people
- Provide information about, and referral to, agencies that provide services to young people
- Seek and administer grant funding for extended programs and activities for young people
- Provide a means for Council to maintain contact and consult with young people on issues of importance to them through youth forums, surveys and other means
- Provide an attractive and accessible space where young people want to go and where they can grow and develop in safety
- Provide opportunities for a broad range of structured and unstructured programs and activities
- Provide opportunities for young people to take an active role in planning and operations of the facility and service
- Provide young people with access to information and services that empower them with choice
- Have the support of the community and be a place where parents feel it is safe for their children to be
- Be based on collaboration and coordination through effective and efficient management that enables quality services and opportunities for young people in Tamworth
- Assist in the reduction and prevention of crime by diverting young people away from anti-social behaviour and offering opportunities
School Holiday Programs
See below our April 2021 School Holiday Programs!
Bookings are essential for all activities, click here to book
Book the Youth Centre
The Tamworth Regional Youth Centre has a number of spaces available to hire including Auditorium (subject to availability and drop-in service operational requirements), Education Rooms and Office Spaces. Hire available for meetings, training and activities.
Click here to book
Student Placement and Work Experience Opportunities
Throughout the year, The Youthie supports both student placement for tertiary students as well as work experience opportunities for high school students.
We offer a diverse and modern learning environment for students in a state-of-the-art facility.
If you, or a student, are interested in student placement or work experience please contact The Youthie on (02) 6767 5747 or submit a Work Experience form.
Hannaford’s Bus Service has a stop in Cossa Street adjacent to The Youthie. Download a map for the exact location. (PDF 392.2KB)
The Youthie's operating hours are 12pm to 7pm Tuesday to Saturday.
Phone: (02) 6767 5747
Address: 1A Quinn Street, Tamworth NSW 2340