Benefits to working with Council
With over 600 staff, Council is one of the major employers in the Tamworth region. We offer a wide range of diverse and interesting positions as well as plentiful opportunities for growth and career development.
Tamworth Regional Council is divided into five Directorates: Corporate and Governance, Regional Services, Water Enterprises, Planning and Community Services and Business and Events.
We value our employees and constantly strive to maintain competitive working conditions for staff, which currently include:
- Annual Leave
- Long service leave (available after 5 years’ service)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements including RDOs
- Sick / Carer’s leave
- Leaseback vehicle arrangements subject to Council Policy
- Salary sacrifice for superannuation
- Commitment to Learning and Development
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program