For safe disposal of needles and syringes, please use the following locations to safety dispose of your puncture proof containers into a Community Sharps Bins:
- Council car park in Kable Avenue (adjacent to Hands of Fame Park)
- Council car park at rear of Robert Street Shopping Village (Petra Avenue entrance)
- Tamworth Base Hospital (located outside at the Tamworth Dental Centre)
- Tamworth Base Hospital (located car park Cnr Johnson Street and Dean Street)
- Tamworth Base Hospital (located loop road near car park Cnr Johnson Street and Smith Street)
- Tamworth Base Hospital (located the old emergency entrance)
- Tamworth Base Hospital (located at new emergency entrance)
- Coledale Community Centre (Kenny Drive)
- Granny Munro Park outside amenities building (park side), Warral Road, Tamworth
- Bryan Martin Park outside amenities building, Duri Road, Tamworth
- Tamworth Tip Small Vehicle Transfer Station, 123A Forest Road, Tamworth
- Manilla Rotary Park, Progress Lane near amenities, Manilla
All items must be placed in a puncture proof container with a lid on. Items MUST NOT be loose.
For more information on safe sharps disposal when you are travelling, please visit www.safesharps.org.au.
If you find a needle in a public place (ie. park or Council roadway), please report this immediately to Council by calling Customer Service on (02) 6767 5555. If it is the weekend, the Afterhours Service will take the call and report details for Council staff to respond.