Application for Council Pensioner Concession Rates Rebate

If joint owners are eligible for a pensioner concession, a separate application form will need to be submitted by each owner to receive the maximum rebate, otherwise only a partial rebate will be granted.


Your Details
Is the above property address your sole / principal place of living?* - required
Have you claimed a pensioner rebate for any other property in the last 12 months?* - required
Are you the sole owner of the property?* - required

By submitting this form, I declare that the information provided is true and correct and that I am the person making this application.  I understand that making a false statement in an application is an offence and can incur a fine up t o$2,200.

Please read the conditions below and check the box to confirm your consent to Council checking your concession eligibilty with Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs.  Your details may be checked regularly, to confirm ongoing eligibility.  At any time, you have the right to withdraw your consent by contacting Council.

I authorise:

  • Council to use Centrelink Confirmation eServices to perform a Centrelink/DVA enquiry of my customer details and concession card status to enable Council to determine if I qualify for a rebate.
  • The Australian Government Department of Human Services (the department) to provide the results of that enquiry to Council.

I understand:

  • The department will disclose personal information to Council including my name, address, payment type, payment status and concession card type and status to confirm my eligibility for a rebate.
  • This consent, once accepted, remains valid while I am a customer of Council unless I withdraw it by contacting Council or the department.
  • I can get proof of my circumstances/details from the department and provide it to Council so my eligibility for a rebate can be determined.

If I withdraw my consent or do not alternatively provide proof of my circumstances/details, I may not be eligible for the rebate provided by Council.

Additional Information

Council will determine your eligibility to receive a rebate of up to $250 on your rates account.  You may also be eligible to receive up to $87.50 on your annual water charges and up to $87.50 off your annual sewerage charges, if your council provides these services.  Alternatively, if your council does not provide these services, contact your water/sewer service provider for more information.


  • Holders of the PCC (Pensioner Concession Card);
  • Holders of a gold card embossed with 'TPI' (Totally Permanently Incapacitated);
  • Holders of a gold card embossed with 'EDA' (Extreme Disablement Adjustment);
  • War widow or widower or wholly dependent partner entitled to the Pensioner Concession Card*.

* If you are a war widow or widower or wholly dependent partner but do not have a Pensioner Concession Card, you should contact the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) to test your eligibilty for the DVA income support supplement.  Eligibility is subject to an income and assets test.  Holders of cards other than those listed above are not eligible for the concession.  For assistance from the DVA, call 133 254.

Please click here to download a copy of this additional information in other languages. (PDF 380.1KB)

Privacy Statement

Personal information supplied to or collected by Tamworth Regional Council will only be stored and processed by Council for lawful purposes directly related to the functions and activities of Council.  Any personal information supplied will only be disclosed to a third party for the purpose of performing a lawful function or activity and for no other purpose. Disclosure of personal information to a third party will be in accordance with Tamworth Regional Council's Privacy Management Plan (PDF 331.7KB).

Mandatory field(s) marked with *