Bulky Household Waste Collection
Some areas with the Tamworth Council area currently have access to a twice-yearly bulky household waste collection service.
This service will be ceasing from 1 July 2021 under Council's new waste contract. In place of the collection service all residential properties will receive one waste voucher each quarter (four vouches a year).
For more information on this change please click here.
Last collection dates
- Tamworth City and within the villages of Attunga, Kootingal and Moonbi
14 - 18 June 2021
- Barraba, Manilla and Nundle townships
21 - 25 June 2021
This service is for the collection if items that are not recyclable and that would otherwise end up in landfill. Items must be placed on the nature strip in front of your property the night before the normal collection day for your red-lidded bin.
To find out when your next Bulky Household Waste Collection day is, and details on what you can leave for collection, please refer to the My TRC App
Click here to download the Waste Services Calendar (PDF 4.4MB)
Suitable items for collection
- General small household items
- Broken furniture and bedding
- Small white goods and electrical appliances (excluding oil heaters, fridges, freezers and air-conditioners)
- Items must not weigh more than 30kg (2 persons lift - no mechanical aid)
- E-waste - TV, computers, monitors, printers
- Items must be under 2m in length
- Small branches (that meet length and weight restrictions previously identified and are not tied or bagged)
- Bags of household garbage and food scraps
- Fridges, freezers, air-conditioners (items containing refridgerant gas)
- Asbestos, concrete, bricks (demolition materials)
- Rocks or soil
- Motor vehicle parts, batteries, transmission fluids or oils
- Full or partially filled containers of liquid
- Gas bottles or fire extinguishers
- Oil heaters
- Hazardous waste or toxic waste eg. chemicals or paint
- Plate glass (windows, doors or fish tanks
- Lawn clippings or leaves
- Commercial waste or items from commercial premises
Important Service Conditions
- Items for collection are ONLY to be put out when you put your garbage out. This will also help avoid complaints from neighbours and other members of the community about waste being out before it should be or for long periods of time
- There is a two cubic metre (2m3) limit and anything in excess of this will be left behind
- Unsuitable items will be rejected
- ONE collection per property
- Volume violations (excess of allowed 2m3) or unsuitable items left behind are the responsibility of the resident to remove and ensure that safe and lawful disposal of items occur at an approved waste management facility. Penalties for illegal dumping range from $750 to $5,000 issued to the offender
- Items MUST be placed in a safe location on the kerbside that will not restrict footpaths or access and where they can be safely and easily removed by the contractor
- This service is not a designated recycling service. Items are collected by a compaction truck and will end up in landfill
- Contractor trucks will be operating separately to Council's Waste Contractor in collecting only metal and e-waste items for resource recovery purposes.