||Attunga Primary School
|| ANZAC Day March is assembling outside the Attunga Public School at 3:00pm and marching to the memorial gates corner of Cross Street and Attunga Street, for the ANZAC Day Service at 3:15pm.
Afternoon tea will be held at the Attunga Public School until 4:45pm.
|| An event application has not yet been received by Council.
It is assumed that if an event goes ahead, it will be undetaken at the same location and times as per previous years.
This would comprise the closure of Queen Street between Maude Street and Edward Street.
||Lawn Section of Barraba Cemetery
||Memorial Gates, Memorial Park
||March from Bendemeer Hope Chapel, Caroline Street to 11:00am Service at Memorial Gates
||Service at Memory Park - Veterans. March from Kootingal Recreation Reserve to Cenotaph
|| Kootingal Lions Club have indicated a memorial service will be held off-road, at the memorial on Denman Avenue.
The march is not expected to take place due to current COVID-19 restrictions. Should restrictions be eased, any march is expected to be undertaken as per previous years.
|| An event application has not yet been received by Council but it is assumed that if an event goes ahead it will be undertaken at the same location and times as per previous years.
This would comprise the closure of Manilla Street between Market Street and Court Street.
||March at the Manilla showground followed by a Service
||Cenotaph - outside TRC Office
|| Nundle RSL Sub Branch have advised that an event will be held.
There will be road closures of Jenkins Street shortly before and into intersection of Innes Street and Innes Street closed at intersection of Jenkins Street to Gill Street from 9:00am to 11:30am.
||March from the primary school followed by Service outside the Somerton War Memorial Hall
||An ANZAC Day march and small service will be conducted in Somerton.
The march will assemble at the Somerton Public School in Milkmaid Street, proceed along Scotland Street to arrive at the Somerton War Memorial Hall, on the corner of Scotland Street and Joshua Street.
Road closures will be in place from 7:00am to 10:00am.
|Tamworth - Dawn Service
||Anzac Memorial Gates, Anzac Park
- The maximum capacity for this event is 1000 people and electronic counting will be in place.
- At 04.30am COVID Contact Tracing Check-In Points will be open under lights for public access to the main area of the ANZAC Gates Memorial.
- COVID Contact Tracing will be via QR codes and alternative tracking methods for those who cannot use the QR Code method.
- Please respect the safety guidelines and directions from our volunteer COVID Marshalls.
- The Check-in points will cease at 05.25am and the lights will be dimmed in preparation for the commencement of the service at 05.30am.
- Disabled car-park access is available from the corner of Upper Street and Brisbane Street in the carpark of the Tamworth Public School from 4.30am.
|Tamworth - Gipps Street Memorial
||Gipps Street Memorial
||West Tamworth Rotary Club will hold a memorial service at the Gipps Street War Memorial, between Denison Street and Belmore Street, West Tamworth, at approximatley 10:00am. Road closures will be implemented at approximatley 6:00am to 11:00am.
|Tamworth - Main Commemoration Service
||Tamworth Memorial Town, Fitzroy Street
- Veterans and members of the community are invited to attend the Main Commemoration Service in the Tamworth War Memorial Town Hall.
- COVID Check-In Points will be active from 09.45am at the Main Entrance (and side entrance for wheel-chair entry).
- The maximum capacity for this event is 376 (274 hall + 102 gallery) and electronic counting will be in place.
- COVID Contact Tracing Check-In Points will be via QR codes along with alternative electronic tracking methods for those who cannot use the QR Code method.
- Please be patient and respect the guidelines and directions of our volunteer COVID Marshalls who will direct attendees to seating.
- The service will commence at 10.45am and will be live streamed on Youtube and Facebook.
|Tamworth - Veterans Memorial Walk
|| No. 1 Oval, Kable Avenue, Tamworth
- Veterans who wish to participate are to form-up in No.1 Oval (Kable Avenue) at 09.45am for a 10.00am Step Off.
- Veterans requiring jeeps are asked to contact the sub-Branch directly on 02 6762 3949 by 3pm Tuesday 20th April to arrange pick up.
- This is a VETERANS ONLY walk from No.1 Oval to Tamworth Memorial Town Hall via Kable Avenue, White Street, Peel Street and Fitzroy Street.
Click here to see the map of the veterans walk (PDF 403.3KB)