To ensure that items are appropriate for Yacannabuybetta, staff have the ability to accept or reject items. Generally any items that could potentially be reused by someone else or provide parts is acceptable for the buy back centre.
Desirable items for Yacannabuybetta include things like:
- remnant building materials such as usable bags of cement, left over bricks or tiles
- timber pallets or untreated timber off cuts
- corrugated iron
- star pickets or tomato stakes
- kitchen crockery or Tupperware
- furniture of a reasonable condition (not dangerous)
- some whitegoods, as determined by staff
- carpet of a reasonable condition, as determined by staff
- drainage pipe of a reasonable condition
- childrens toys
If you think you have something that you think is suitable for the Buy Back Centre, just ask the friendly staff at the landfill when dropping off your material. The staff will assess the item and advise you about its suitability for reuse or disposal options.
All whitegoods are sold on the principle that they do not work and are for parts only. Whitegoods should not be used unless you have had them professionally tested.