It is Tamworth Regional Council’s Policy to support, facilitate and assist, whenever practical, government labour market, educational and community based work experience programs.
Work experience is voluntary work and limited to short term periods.
All requests for work experience with Tamworth Regional Council must be in writing and addressed to:
Tamworth Regional Council
PO Box 555
TAMWORTH NSW 2340
In order to determine the applicant’s suitability for the work, we request that the following information be submitted:
- a covering letter detailing the following:
- specific area of interest ie; gardening, accounts
- specific dates and time period required for the work experience (ie; a week from date to date)
- evidence of student/participant status
- a resume outlining your/the applicant’s skills, experience and ability
- a copy of current Worker’s Compensation and Indemnity Insurance (Students can contact their school or TAFE to find out more about insurance)
- evidence of support provided by the referring organisation
A response from Council approving or declining the request for work experience will be given as soon as practicable.