Tamworth Regional Livestock Marketing Centre is the leading livestock facility in North/West New South Wales for the sale of fat cattle and sheep.
The facility is located in Goddard Lane and commenced operations in 1984, and is strategically located adjacent to Cargill’s Export Abattoir and Country Fresh Lamb Abattoir.
The saleyard’s facility is comprised of:
- 208 cattle selling pens
- 60 holding yards/bull selling pens
- soft floor selling pens
- 7 delivery yards
- undercover buyer’s walkway
- 435 sheep selling pens
- undercover stud selling arena
- 5 cattle loading ramps and 4 sheep loading ramps
- weigh scale
- canteen facilities
- truck wash facility
- fat cattle/sheep and Lamb sales are held every Monday excluding public holidays
- fat cattle sales commence at 8:00am and sheep and lamb sales commencing at 1:00pm
- store cattle sales are held every Friday commencing at 11:00am
- stud sales and special sales are held regularly throughout the year at the facility
At the present time there are nine (9) approved agents to operate at the facility:
- Ian Morgan Livestock
- Burke and Smyth Stock and Station Agents
- V J Flett
- Garvin and Cousen
- Davidson Cameron and McCulloch
- Jackson Livestock Pty Ltd
- Chris Paterson Stock and Station Agent
New Saleyard Facility
Tamworth Regional Council is currently in negotiations with Regional Infrastructure for the development and construction of a new modern undercover saleyard facility. The development application for the new development has been approved on land adjacent to the Country Fresh Lamb Abattoir and Cargill Export Meat Abattoir. Construction of the new facility is expected to commence shortly and the existing facility will be closed once the new centre is operational.
The Tamworth Regional Livestock Marketing Centre is now leased and operated by Regional Infrastructure.
Saleyards Office PH: 6760 7092