If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, you will play an important role in the community. Participation of volunteers in community activities and programs, significantly contributes to the quality of life enjoyed by residents in the community.
As with many other organisations, Tamworth Regional Council relies on volunteers to help with the provision of services and facilities for the community. This involvement includes activities such as:
- maintenance of recreational, sporting and community facilities
- rehabilitation of natural resources
- participation on community development committees
There are a range of services within Council that rely on volunteers including the Tamworth Regional Gallery, Library Services, Powerstation Museum, Visitor Information Centres and Botanic Gardens.
If you want to become a volunteer at Council or in the community, contact the Volunteer Referral Service on (02) 6766 4480 or email email@example.com, to find out what you can do for your community.
Tamworth Regional Council Volunteer Referral Service
The Tamworth Regional Council Volunteer Referral Service promotes volunteering in the community and provides the following services:
- co-ordination of the Volunteer Network, to support organisations needing volunteers
- registration of not-for-profit organisations requiring volunteers
- recruit, inform and refer volunteers to registered organisations
- introductory training for new volunteers
- specialist training for volunteers
- organisation of the annual Gift of Time Ceremony, for the community
- organisation of Volunteer Week activities
The Tamworth Regional Council Volunteer Referral Service Brochure provides further information and contact details.