Tamworth Regional Council provides an opportunity once each year, for local charities, non profit organisations and community groups to seek a contribution from Council to assist in the provision of their services to the Tamworth Regional Community.
Application period is from Monday 24 September 2012 to Friday 19 October 2012.
Council’s priority is to provide assistance to projects and activities within the Regional Council area.
The Annual Donations Program objectives are:
- support charities and community projects, events and activities which occur within the Tamworth Regional Council local government area, and are of benefit to the local community
- foster or support new services, initiatives and resources which address the needs of the Tamworth regional community
- improve awareness and use of community services and resources within the Tamworth Regional Council area
- encourage increased participation in local community activities within the Tamworth Regional Council area
Who can apply
Applications are invited from not-for-profit organisations, charities, community groups and organisations located within the Tamworth Regional Council local government area, that provide a service to the Tamworth regional community which may be of a unique nature. Recipients of donations funding in previous years are welcome to reapply. Organisations are eligible to apply for only one donation per financial year, that is 1 July to 30 June.
Donations will not be made to individuals, to organisations which operate on a for-profit basis, or to branches of charities which fundraise for projects and activities outside Council’s area of jurisdiction.
To be considered for a contribution from the Annual Donations Program, applications should meet at least one of the Program Objectives outlined above. Applications should :
- describe the project clearly
- describe how the project will be a direct benefit to the community
- demonstrate that the project is able to be managed and/or completed using the funding or part funding which may be provided
- for applicants who have previously received a donation, a completed Acquittal Form must be received for the previous donation
What can donations funding be used for
Examples of applications which have been supported, either in part or full, in the past include:
- purchase of specific office equipment and furniture
- funding for local activities, such as assistance with advertising, printing etc
- reimbursement of expenditure of Council fees, such as DA’s, rates (excluding service charges), hire fees for use of Council facilities, including halls, parks and public buildings, banner fees
- hire of transport services, such as buses, for community activities
- purchase of resources for use in community training programs
Submissions which are unlikely to be funded
It is unlikely that applications seeking support for the following type of projects will be supported:
- requests for assistance with ongoing operational costs;
- contributions to charitable activities on a state, national or international level;
- reimbursement of Council service charges, such as water, sewerage and garbage services.
Please note: Council does not guarantee to fund any applicant, and does not guarantee to fund any applicant to the full amount requested.
How to apply for an annual donation
- 2012/2013 Annual Donations Program Guidelines in PDF format or Word format
- 2012/2013 Annual Donations Application Form in PDF format or Word format
Outstanding 2011/2012 Acquittal Forms
For groups who were successful in obtaining funding in the TRC 2011-2012 Annual Donations Program but have yet to submit funding acquittal forms to Tamworth Regional Council, please be reminded that the due date for these forms is 19 October 2012.
Applications must be received at Tamworth Regional Council by 5:00pm on Friday, 19 October 2012. Please note that late applications will not be considered.
Contact Vicki St Lawrence, Community Development Officer on phone: (02) 6767 5473 or email: email@example.com