2013 Seniors Week Program
Download the 2013 Seniors Week Program (PDF, 60 kB)
For further information contact the Tamworth Community Centre 6766 4480 email email@example.com
Seniors Week Awards
Nominations are now open for the Tamworth Regional Council 2013 Seniors Week Awards.
The awards acknowledge the work of individuals or groups in the region who promote the wellbeing of older people in the Tamworth Regional area.
Individual and Community Group awards will be presented during Seniors Week in Tamworth, Barraba, Nundle and Manilla.
Award to an individual
The type of activities deserving of a Seniors Week Individual award include:
- active participation on community committees
- advocacy on behalf of older people
- major contributions to community life
Award to a community group
The Seniors Week Group award acknowledges the work of groups in the community which promote the well being of older people in the Tamworth regional area. The nominated group may be of any size and will have engaged in longstanding service to older people in the community or have been responsible for a major activity or project to assist older people.
How to make a nomination
- all nominations must be made on the official Council nomination form for 2013 (Microsoft Word format, 45kB) (also available in PDF format, 35kB)
- nominees must be residents of Tamworth Regional Council area and be 60 years of age or older
- nominees must have carried out their work in an unpaid capacity
- nominations must be supported by one nominator and one referee
- posthumous nominations cannot be accepted
- past recipients of the Seniors Week awards are ineligible to receive an award
- the decision of the assessment panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into
Completing a nomination
Please complete all sections on the 2013 nomination form. Completed nominations may be delivered in person to any of the following locations:
or posted to:
The General Manager
Tamworth Regional Council
PO Box 555
Tamworth NSW 2340
Additional nomination forms are also available from Council’s Customer Services Centre, Ray Walsh House, Barraba, Manilla and Nundle Council offices.
For further information and/or additional forms, please phone the Tamworth Community Centre on (02) 6766 4480, fax (02) 6766 9866, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An independent panel consisting of representatives of the Seniors Week Organising Committees, Councillors and staff of Tamworth Regional Council will assess nominees. Judges will be looking for nominees who have:
- shown initiative in their work for the community and achieved significant benefit for the community
- involved a broad cross-section of the community in their work
- provide a role model to inspire and encourage older people and challenge traditional assumptions about older people and growing older